Remember how we used to spend endless hours cleaning our homes with a vacuum cleaner and a brush? Thankfully, those days are over, and it’s all thanks to a little thing called Swiffer Sweeper. This multi-purpose device is perfect for cleaning dust, dirt, hair and dander, not to mention easily cleaning sticky floors and dirty shelves. But how exactly do you use it? Is there a good way to do this? Wrong way? And how far will his magical ability to clean up go? Learn everything you need to know about using Swiffer.
How to use the Swiffer
As Hunker notes, using Swiffer is a two-step process. It is essentially a drying tarp designed to catch dander, dirt and pet hair from the floor. The second step is to use a damp cloth to remove dirt and grime from the surfaces. You can use any cloth in any order, but for best results use a dry cloth first and then a damp cloth. Fortunately, Swiffer is pretty easy to learn. Here’s how.
- Preparation – Remove the dry cloth from its packaging and unpack it. Place the Swiffer head in the middle of the cloth, then fold over the front of the cloth as you insert it into the cleaning head. Do the same with the back of the fabric, but this time fold it forward instead of backward.
- Sweep – Move the Swiffer back and forth across the floor to remove dust and dirt. Then remove the dry cloth from the cleaning head.
- Get ready again – Then attach the wet cloth to the cleaning head in the same way you attached the dry cloth.
- Cleaning – Use a damp cloth to remove dirt from the floor. Then remove the damp cloth and throw it away.
Hackers in the computer industry
Cleaning a dirty floor is not the only thing Swiffer can do. Get the most out of your investment by using it with some of these genius pirates.
- Remove Mold – If you live in a dry climate, mold probably won’t be a problem. If you don’t, it’s probably one of the plagues of your life. But now there’s an easy way to deal with it. The next time you see mold seeping into your bathroom ceiling, leave the ladder and take your Swiffer. Before use, wet the fabric with a solution of water and bleach to remove the mold quickly and easily.
- Refresh your drawers – Do they smell like musk? Pick them up by putting a few drops of essential oil on a dry Swiffer cloth. Store the cloth in a drawer, so it will keep smelling good for a few months.
- Get ready to paint. Painting on a dusty wall is not. Use Swiffer to quickly and effectively clean surfaces that are prepared.
- Dealing with mistakes – As the taste of home shows, Swiffer’s is a great way to deal with mistakes. The next time you see an insect crawling on a wall or ceiling, use a long handle and a flat pin head to squash it without getting too close.
- Cleaning blinds – Blinds are known for holding dirt and dust. They’re even harder to clean. Fortunately, there is now a solution. Wrap each kitchen clip with dry Swiffer fabric before securing with a rubber band. Open the slats and secure them with pliers. Slide the clamp back and forth to expose the front and back of the rail. If the slats are particularly dirty, use a damp cloth.
- Laptop cleaning – Did you know that the keyboard of your laptop is 20,000 times dirtier than the toilet seat? Yes, practically speaking, laptops are a magnet for food crumbs, bacteria and germs. To keep dust and dirt away, simply place a dry Swiffer cloth on the keyboard before closing the notebook. You’ll be amazed at the difference.
- Fabric in the corners – Swiffer fabric is as stretchy as a turner. Use its dusting capabilities and clean all the nooks and crannies that you can’t reach with regular cloths. Just wrap a dry cloth around your finger before you start.
- Get Your Plants in Order – Secret Tips for the Swiffer – There are some great tips on how to get the most out of your Swiffer, including how to use it to get your houseplants in order. Simply use a dry Swiffer pad to gently wipe away the dusty leaves.
- Recovering Metal Items – If you’ve ever dropped an earring, you know how difficult it can be to retrieve it. For ease of use, attach a magnetic sheet to the bottom of the Swiffer. Move the mop lightly across the floor. If you turn it over, you should find your earring.
- Dusting off cobwebs – If you’re only using Swiffer to dust your floors, you’re missing a trick. Swiffer makes it easy to remove cobwebs and dust from high corners. Simply attach a dry cloth to the mop and run it along the ceiling. The pesky cobwebs disappeared in an instant.
- Cleaning Ceiling Fans – Ceiling fans used to be a nightmare to clean. But not anymore. Attach a two-headed paint roller to the handle of your swiffer. Wrap each roll in a dry cloth and secure it at both ends with a rubber band. Slide the blades of the ceiling fan through the roller one by one. If the blades are very dirty, repeat the procedure with a damp cloth.
- Making Glass Shine – Forget about using harsh chemicals to make your glass surfaces shine. Just wipe them clean with a dry Swiffer cloth to remove the last traces of dust.
- Tumble Dryer Dust Collection – Cleaning tumble dryer lint is not a job most of us look forward to, but it is vital. If lint gets into the dryer’s air duct, it can easily start a fire. For your convenience, use a dry Swiffer cloth to remove dust from hard-to-reach areas around the unit where lint and dust accumulate.
frequently asked questions
Which direction is the Swiffer notebook going?
How do you use Swiffer?
How to use Swiffer Sweeper | Hunker
How can I use Swiffer on hardwood floors?
According to the manufacturer’s website, the Swiffer Mop can be used on finished hardwood floors when used with dry or wet wipes. Wet refills are not recommended for unfinished, waxed or oiled floors and should be used with caution on finished hardwoods.
Feedback,homemade swiffer solution for hardwood,diy swiffer wet jet pads,swiffer alternative reddit,how to put solution in swiffer wet jet,swiffer wet jet refill at home,can you put pine sol in a swiffer wet jet,is it better to use a mop or swiffer,swiffer vs mop reddit,swiffer vs vacuum reddit,swiffer mops is it effective,natural swiffer pads,how to use swiffer on hardwood floors,cleaning baseboards with swiffer,can you use swiffer on carpet,swiffer mold,swiffer bathroom floor,washing walls with swiffer wet,how to use swiffer wet pads,are swiffer wet pads antibacterial,swiffer duster vs microfiber,swiffer duster reviews,o-cedar microfiber spray mop,floor cleaner that doesn’t leave residue,swiffer wet jet and bleach,will swiffer ruin hardwood floors,swiffer wetjet antibacterial cleaner,Privacy settings,How Search works,are swiffer dusters worth it,can you use swiffer sweeper pads on wetjet,swiffer wet pads vs wetjet,swiffer wet jet,how to use swiffer duster,how to use a swiffer wet jet,diy swiffer solution