Four Methods to Remove Chocolate From the Carpet
If you drop chocolate on your pretty clean carpet, don’t panic. If there is no reason to cry over spilt milk, there is probably even less reason to cry over spilled chocolate…. especially when there’s work to be done. Chocolate may not be good for carpets, but it doesn’t sound like a death blow to them either. Act fast enough and follow the correct cleaning methods, and your carpet will not be any worse. But what exactly are the right cleaning methods, I hear you say? Hold on tight, because you’re about to find out.
Spot Remover offers some good suggestions for removing chocolate from your carpet. You will need an oil knife, vacuum cleaner, stain remover, paper towels and an iron. Once you have collected all the material, proceed to the next steps.
- Step 1 – If the chocolate is already dry, remove as much chocolate as possible from the carpet fibres by carefully scraping them off with a butter knife. Proceed with care – the goal is to remove the chocolate, not to cut the carpet. Once you’ve scraped as much as you can, you suck out the rest.
- Step 2 – Take paper towels and put them on the dirty area. Preheat the iron to the softest temperature and then gently press the iron onto paper towels. Do not keep the iron in the same place for more than a few seconds, otherwise you risk burning the carpet.
- Step 3 – Collect the paper towels. The heat of the iron must have melted the chocolate sufficiently to bring it from the mat to the napkins. If it was a particularly heavy load, you may need to repeat step 2 a few more times.
- Step 4 – Even after dipping the chocolate, an ugly brown stain may remain. If this is the case, apply a drop of household carpet cleaner to the stain and work it gently into the carpet.
If your carpet is made of natural fibres, you should be very careful with the products you use to remove stains. A single mistake can easily cause your carpet to be in a much worse condition than it already is. On the other hand, if you have synthetic carpets, you can afford to be looser and lighter with the products. In the following method suggested by wikiHow, we look at how you can remove chocolate from your carpet with good old dishwashing liquid.
- Step 1 – Carefully scrape the dried chocolate with a butter knife. Vacuum to remove the residue.
- Step 2 – Mix the rinse aid solution by mixing 1.2 ml (0.25 teaspoon) of clear rinse aid with 240 ml (8 oz) of warm water.
- Step 3 – Soak a white cloth or paper towel in a cleaning solution before using it to remove the stain. Press the cloth into the stain for a few seconds and then let it rest for 15 minutes. At the end of time, use a cloth or paper towel to remove excess solution.
- Step 4 – To remove detergent residue, apply a vinegar solution to the affected area. To obtain the solution, mix 240 ml of white vinegar with 470 ml of water. Dip a white cloth or paper towel in the solution and then deposit on the stain. Press the fabric for a few seconds and then let it rest for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Although honesty is often enough, sometimes you have to pull out the big guns. And by large caliber we mean professional carpet cleaning. After all, the carpet cleaner was not invented for nothing: if your carpet contains more chocolate than a candy store, chances are that a quality carpet cleaner will solve the problem without any problems. Remember that most carpet cleaners are only suitable for synthetic materials. Be sure to check the label before using it on wool or silk carpets.
- Step 1 – Start by removing as much dried chocolate as possible from the affected area. Use a butter knife to gently pull the chocolate away from the carpet fibres before sucking up the residue.
- Step 2 – Remove the stain with a damp sponge or cloth.
- Step 3 – Mix the carpet cleaner according to the instructions on the package. Test the cleaner on a small area of the carpet in an inconspicuous place. If nothing unusual happens, apply the cleaner directly to the stain with a cloth or brush.
- Step 4 – Let the carpet cleaner do its job. After drying, the vacuum removes all residues. If there are still traces of stains, repeat the previous steps.
If your carpet is white or has a very light hue, you can try treating the chocolate stain with hydrogen peroxide on homestratosphere.com. Hydrogen peroxide is the active ingredient that helps to penetrate the mat and loosen the chocolate from its fibres. Just be very careful and don’t even try this method on a dark carpet, otherwise you won’t just lift the chocolate.
- Step 1 – Remove the dry chocolate with a butter knife. Suck up all the residue.
- Step 2 – Spray a few drops of hydrogen peroxide on the stain. If it is a particularly large stain, leave it to soak for a few minutes before proceeding to the next step.
- Step 3 – Soak a white cloth in a solution of warm water and detergent and clean the stain. Press the cloth on the stain for a few minutes and then let it rest for 15 minutes. Absorb the excess liquid with a fresh cloth or towel and then rinse the area with warm water and a few drops of vinegar to remove the last traces of detergent.
standing seam vs corrugated roofing,cost to install metal roof labor only,double ribbed metal roofing,corrugated metal menards,corrugated metal roofing sheets,16 foot corrugated metal roofing,ribbed metal roofing near me,ribbed metal roofing installation,corrugated seam,26 gauge corrugated metal roofing price,cost of steel roofing per square,corrugated roofing materials,best metal roof for residential,metal roof problems,pros and cons of shingle roof,disadvantages of metal roofs,tin roofs colors,pictures of metal roofs,cost to install metal roof over shingles,metal roof cost calculator,cost to install metal roof homewyse,20 ft metal roofing price,24 gauge standing seam metal roof cost,metal roof calculator canada,how to measure a roof for metal roofing,commercial metal roof replacement costs,which is better a metal roof or shingles?,metal roofing prices per sheet,corrugated aluminum roof cost,metal sales classic rib steel roof panel,standing seam panel cost,metal roof calculator,How is Metal Roofing Priced?Metal roofing and other types of roofing are based on cost per square.,Metal roof pricing for cost per square is calculated per square foot and then that is added up into the cost per square (see above) which is definitely something to pay attention to and understand when you are pricing out or looking for a new metal roof, or perhaps more importantly talking to metal roofing contractors or roofing companies about installing a new metal roof.,When you are deciding what type of metal roofing to purchase and install, keep in mind that while there are options at a variety of price points, the cost of metal roofing is a literal investment in the roof over your head as well as the roof over your family or employees' and customers' heads.Should You Invest in a Metal Roof?A metal roof can be a great choice due to its durability, appearance, and resale value. Using a metal roof cost calculator can help you determine what is the best choice regarding the cost of metal roofing versus shingles, the right style for your property, your budget, and your design preferences as well as a potential price on metal roofing that works for your bank account and style.,The metal roof vs shingles cost can be a complex decision, but your roofing company or roofing contractor can help you sort out the price of a metal roof – as well as the different types of metal roofing – and help you make the right choice for your property (although checking out the aforementioned metal roof calculators online wouldn't be a bad idea in the meantime).,Metal roofing and other types of roofing are based on cost per square.,When you are deciding what type of metal roofing to purchase and install, keep in mind that while there are options at a variety of price points, the cost of metal roofing is a literal investment in the roof over your head as well as the roof over your family or employees' and customers' heads.,A metal roof can be a great choice due to its durability, appearance, and resale value. Using a metal roof cost calculator can help you determine what is the best choice regarding the cost of metal roofing versus shingles, the right style for your property, your budget, and your design preferences as well as a potential price on metal roofing that works for your bank account and style.,metal roofing types,metal roofing pros and cons,metal roof and shingle roof combination,top metal roofs,labor cost to install corrugated metal roofing,26 gauge metal roofing prices,metal roofing prices per linear foot,how to bid a metal roofing job